Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) announced that an examination will be conducted by the UPSc on 15th April, 2012 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 129th Course and for the 91st Indian Naval Academy Course(INAC) commencing from December 2012. The candidates joining Indian naval academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join executive and technical branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the result of this examination would be 335[195 for the Army, 39 for Navy, 66 for the Air force and 35 for Indian Naval Academy(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)]
Conditions of Eligibility
- Nationality A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanent settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, BUrma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling down in India.
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1994 and not later than July 1, 1996 are eligible.